April 20, 2014

What Should I Buy? (5)


I have a coupon. You all like voting. Therefore it is WHAT SHOULD I BUY time!

I started this feature back in August to help me figure out what to do with all of the Barnes & Noble coupons I get. I figured setting up a vote would A) allow you guys have a say in what I read and B) alleviate some of the pressure of picking a book to spend my coupon on. I know I don't NEED a new book, but, hey, I really can't pass up a good discount. Also, I'm addicted to buying books.

So. Come. Help me feed my addiction.

PLEASE REMEMBER: I'm looking for a vote that has a little more than just the title of the book and a "THIS WAS REALLY GOOD." Pitch it to me, a little. WHY should I read this book? WHY do you think I would like it? All help is useful. ALL HELP.

Last note before books... My coupon expires on MAY 11TH, so make with the recommending before that date, please. 

1. RED RISING by Pierce Brown
Why I want to read this book: The buzz on this one came out of no where for me and then disappeared just as quickly, so now I'm curious. Also, Mars and terraforming and rebels... I like sci-fi, okay?

Why I want to read this book: Here is another book that suddenly popped up on my radar - even though it was published like 8 years ago. I think it's fantasy with thieving? And I'm pretty sure someone said it was a little similar to Leverage? Which basically has me drooling, just a little bit. 


3. THE CAVENDISH HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS by Claire Legrand
Why I want to read this book: I have not yet read a Claire Legrand book. *pauses for booing* I actually boo at myself for this one because I've met Claire Legrand and she is lovely and, sometimes, when I meet authors and they are lovely and I haven't read their books yet I feel like the worst, y'know? Also, I'm very picky when it comes to my Middle Grade reads and this one sounds like my jam

4. I CAPTURE THE CASTLE by Dodie Smith
Why I want to read this book: All I know is I have a lot of friends who love this book and I feel like I'm doing something wrong by not reading it. But maybe that means I should just take it out of the library? I don't know. Help?

5. HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire
Why I want to read this book: I have almost purchased this book on, like, 10 separate occasions. Why? TIME TRAVEL. But I'm never sure, and I like to be sure when I buy things. Help?

No, but seriously, leave help in the comments below because I really need it.