March 4, 2014

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read (46)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I feel like not all of these authors are as popular as others. But they are all authors I feel I should have already read for one reason or another. Now, as you read, you might think: "hmm, I haven't read any of their books" or "oh, I've been meaning to read that person's books too" or "that one was good, you should read that" or perhaps "GABY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU STOP EVERYTHING NOW AND READ THAT" (you'll know that one when you see it). But whatever the reaction, just know I'm embarrassed to list all these authors here. Also know: I have at least one book by each of these authors and I will get to it. I promise.

 
Yeah. That last one is the shocking one. (Sorry friends who are currently screaming at me through the computer screen - I see you Gillian and Christina.) I've started Pride and Prejudice, but never finished. I know what all the books are about and I've seen all the movies, but I never read. Maybe I should blame high school for this one. None of the Austen books were required reading...

Anyway, aside from Austen, which author on this list should I put at the very top of my TBR pile? Let me know in the comments below. Perhaps I'll even use this as some kind of vote, especially since I have something by all of them on my shelves!